Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Search is Over - He Proposed

I had been thinking of starting a blog for a while but really couldn't think of what I would want to write about, but after Mike's proposal, I decided I wanted to include everyone in the story, and of our rapidly changing life!

Yesterday I got off work around 8am and was soooo tired but Mike insisted we go apple picking in The Plains, Virginia with Blair, since she was still in town from school. I was super stubborn and cranky because I was tired but I agreed. So we packed up a picnic and picked up Blair and headed out. We got to the orchard and they were CLOSED and I was so bummed out because I totally could have been sleeping in bed instead of driving an hour to No-wheres-ville, Virginia. So when I was ready to say, "screw it" and go home, Mike said there was another orchard across the street so we went there and thankfully they were open! (Mike later told me he was FREAKING OUT inside when he saw the first one was closed because apparently he had this planned out since February!) Unfortunately when we got there, we were told all the apples were picked over the long holiday weekend but we went up onto a biiiiig hill and unpacked our picnic! We were taking lots of pictures when Mike said, "Come here, let's a take a picture there." So I got up and we posed and then right before Blair took our picture Mike got down on one knee and told me he loves me more than anything he's ever loved before and wants me to be his wife! I started crying, naturally and was hugging and kissing him and finally he was like, "Are you gonna let me put the ring on you???!!!" and it was awesome and perfect and so much better than I could have ever imagined.

Needless to say, I said yes. No wait, I SCREAMED YES! And I CRIED YES! And Blair told me to, "Shut up and smile!!!!!!" So that's what I did...... :)

Later in the night we went to Glory Days, where we had our first date, and we sat in the same booth and I felt all oogily-googily and butterflies like I did the night I met him. It was the best night ever :)


I can't wait to start this new chapter of our beautiful life. He is my best friend, and am so glad this search is over.... ;)



2 comments:

  1. So happy for you! Glad you started a blog, I love them. :) xoxo Follow my blog so you can get updates in blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it took so long to post a comment. Sometimes it lets me and sometimes it doesn't. Anyway, beautiful story and I'm very happy for you. Love you

    ReplyDelete