Thursday, May 31, 2012

VACATION - Finally!

Ahhhh, since my last post, 45 seconds ago.... a lot has happened... haha just kidding. I just never update so now I have to break lots of updates into more posts.
Last week Mike's sister, Katie, was in town with her husband, Chris, and their 3 year old daughter, Kayla. Since we were leaving for the beach the following day, we only got to see them once but it was nice, none-the-less! We went over to Mike's father's house where his wife cooked us a delicious BBQ lunch and we some smoothies and we just caught up with eachother. Katie is about 31 weeks pregnant and is due July 31 so it was so cute to hear Kayla talk about "the wittle baby is mommy's tummy named Alexis Elise!" hehehe she is so cute. They are living in Minnesota right now while Katie finishes her PhD and they will moving back to NoVA in August and I know Michael is so excited to be close to Kayla again. It was a great visit.

A few hours later we finished our engagement pictures that we never completed from back in October because of the rain. Misty is just so wonderful and I love the work she does.... Here are the previews she sent us, as well as two of the photos she took back in October.



The following morning we left for Nags Head, North Carolina, where my grandparents rented a beach house for the week. It was AMAZING ... literally right on the beach and it was great to have most of the family there. My cousin Rachel and her boyfriend Gabe flew in from California and then it was Me, Mike, Beth, Josh, Audrey, my Aunt Joy and her son, Ian, and my Aunt Cheryle and Uncle Steven, and of course my grand parents. Unfortunately Lexi and her family and then my father and his family couldn't make it. We missed them very much!  Audrey is just so cute... I loved waking up to her every morning. We played a few rounds of scategories which got pretty heated with Aunt Cheryle but it was so much fun. Mike and I got a lot of sun and I got to a total of 4 dozen oysters.... I was in heaven, to say the least. The weather was perfect the whole time and I really hope we can do it again next year!
While there we also got to see the Jepsons, very close friends of Mike's. They have a beach house about 30 minutes away from where we were staying so one day we drove up there and laid out by the pool drinking wine and just enjoying the awesomeness of vacation. Beautiful house too!


 I go back to work tomorrow and I'm really not looking forward to it. Vacation was so good to me and I wish I could just be on it all the time and never run out of money. Saturday we are going to the Virginia Wine Festival at Bull Run Park with a big group of friends so that will be fun and then Sunday we have a baby shower for one of Mike's very close friends. Will update soon. Okay, let's be honest, probably not.... I'll update eventually. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment